Sometimes, nothing feels better than enjoying a tasty sweet. Curb sugar and dessert cravings with this superfood dessert bar. All the sweetness in this bar is all natural and low glycemic to keep your metabolism under control. Keep powering through your active lifestyle with this out of control protein rich source of energy!
- 1 cup NATERA™ Hemp Seeds
- 1/2 cup rye flour or NATERA™ Vanilla Hemp Protein Powder
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a square glass baking pan or use parchment paper to line it.
2. Beat together the olive oil, honey, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom and salt.
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir hemp seeds, dates and flour or protein into the mixture.
4. Bake for 17-20 minutes until lightly golden. Allow to cool completely, then cut into 12 bars.
Sprinkle the top of the pan with NATERA™ Himalayan Salted Hemp Seeds before placing in the oven for a sweet & savoury treat.
Package these great bars up in individual bags with bows for a great party favour or holiday gift.
Substitute honey for agave syrup to make the recipe profile lower glycemic.
Did you know that you can buy Natural Hemp Seeds and Vanilla Hemp Protein in our online store? If you like, you can buy all these products, just click on the products below. Let’s make some hemp-ilicious treats!