Loaded with healthy proteins, fats and fiber, this scrumptious raw vegan breakfast bowl will keep you feeling full right to the lunch hour. The crunchy buckwheat, creamy hemp and aromatic cinnamon make this a perfect special occasion treat, or your everyday go-to breakfast. And even the delicious “creme fraiche” topping is made with hemp seeds.
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp coconut nectar
- Dash alcohol free vanilla extract
- ½ cup NATERA™ Hemp Seeds soaked (see Tips, below)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch fine sea salt
- ¾ cup Hemp Milk (see Tips, below)
- ¼ cup buckwheat groats
- 3 tbsp NATERA™ Hemp Seeds
- 3 tbsp raw almonds
- 3 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp coconut nectar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1. Berries: In a bowl, combine raspberries, blueberries, lemon juice, coconut nectar and vanilla until well combined. Using a fork, gently mash the raspberries and blueberries to expose some of the flesh. Cover and set aside to macerate for 10 minutes.
2. Crème Fraiche: In a blender, combine soaked hemp seeds, lemon juice and salt. Blend at high speed until smooth and creamy.
3. Cereal: In a serving bowl, combine almond milk, buckwheat, hemp seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut nectar and cinnamon, stir until well combined.
4. Top cereal with hemp crème fraiche and macerated berries, serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
To soak the hemp seeds, place them in a bowl with 1-cup hot water, cover and set aside for 10 minutes. Drain, discarding remaining water.
To make the hemp milk for this recipe, in a blender combine 3 tbsp of hemp seeds with 4 cups filtered water. Blend at high speed until smooth. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Substitute an equal amount of strawberries or blackberries for the raspberries or blueberries in this recipe.
If not consuming right away, increase the amount of hemp milk to 1-1/2 cups and refrigerate, as the buckwheat will absorb some of the liquid as it sits.
Did you know that you can buy Natural Hemp Seeds in our online store? If you like, you can buy all these products, just click on the products below. Let’s make some hemp-ilicious treats!