These deliciously healthy raw no-bake brownies are easy to so prepare - and so great to make ahead to have on hand for a special dessert or snack. It’s the perfect combination of hemp seed, sweet coconut nectar, rich cacao and and creamy coconut butter. Makes 6 large brownies
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 2 tbsp NATERA™ Hemp Seeds
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ to ½ cup coconut nectar
- ¾ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- ¼ cup NATERA™ Hemp Seeds for frosting
- 1 tsp alcohol free vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tbsp filtered water, optional
1. Brownie: In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process walnuts, hemp seeds and cacao powder until walnuts are broken down and flour-like in consistency. Do not over-process walnuts or you will start to get walnut butter. With the motor running, drizzle the coconut nectar in through the feed tube, process until the walnuts stick together. Transfer to a small baking dish and press evenly into all corners.
2. Frosting: In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process coconut butter, coconut nectar, hemp seeds, vanilla and water if using. Process until smooth. Spread in one thick layer over the brownies. Refrigerate for 45 minutes to set.
3. To Serve: Cut brownies into 6 equal pieces and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 7 days
You can substitute regular cocoa powder for raw cacao powder. Just be aware that raw cacao powder produces a darker chocolate flavour.
Substitute an equal amount of raw agave nectar for the coconut nectar.
Substitute ¼ tsp of fresh vanilla beans scraped from the pod for the extract.
Add up to ½ cup of NATERA™ Dark Chocolate Hemp Protein Powder for extra protein.
Recipe by Chef Doug McNish.
Did you know that you can buy Natural Hemp Seeds and Dark Chocolate Hemp Protein in our online store? If you like, you can buy all these products, just click on the products below. Let’s make some hemp-ilicious treats!